Good morning parents,
SRAM Regatta recap: At States in Grand Rapids Victoria took Bronze in the Women’s Varsity Single. Nathan & Reese took Bronze in the Men’s Varsity Pair. The Men’s Lightweight Four advanced to finals and took fourth. Thanks to my coaching staff (Angel, Alison, Chris, Hannah), Mr. Puhl, Mr. Gimik, Mr. & Mrs. Bycraft, and Mrs. Helton who drove to Grand Rapids to support our crews.
Western Ontario Scholastic Schools Championship (WOSS Regatta) Saturday May 27th: In order to travel to Canada, all rowers will need one of the following two options:
- Option#1: Passport or State of Michigan enhanced ID
- Option#2: School ID & Birth certificate
Here is the WOSS Timeline: The timeline for London is as follows:
- 2:30am Leave for the regatta. We will be taking a school bus to this regatta. London is a three-hour drive. Travel times will vary based on how quickly we get through Canadian customs. The nice thing is that at 2:30am, customs on the Canadian side is usually pretty quick. Once we get to the regatta site boat will need to be unloaded and rigged ASAP!
- Approximately 6:30AM-Arrive at Course and
- 6:45am-Coaches & Coxies meeting
- 7:30am-First call to the water
- 8:00am-First Race
5:30ish-Last Race of the day. Once the trailer is loaded the bus will make a brief stop at the London Travel Centre on the 401 before returning to Crestwood.
The final weeks of the season: We have a very busy last few weeks of the season. Here is the time line for the last two weeks:
Tuesday 5/23 – Practice 6-8:30pm
Wednesday 5/24 – Practice 6-8:30pm & CSSRA entries due!
Thursday 5/25 – Practice & Boat loading 6-8:30pm
Friday 5/26 – No Practice – Go to bed early!!!
Saturday 5/27 – WOSS Regatta – bus departs from Crestwood HS at 3am. We should be home around 9pm
Sunday 5/28 – No practice
Monday 5/29 –Memorial Day Optional practice 7-10am.
Tuesday 5/30 – Practice 6-8:30pm
Wednesday 5/31 – Boat loading 4pm & Final practice of the season 6pm-? MANDATORY FOR ALL ROWERS! If you do NOT attend this practice, you did NOT officially end the season.
Thursday 6/1 – Leave for CSSRA (details pending)
Friday 6/2 – CSSRA heats
Saturday 6/3 – CSSRA semi-finals
Sunday 6/4 – CSSRA finals
Monday 6/5 – Team Banquet 7pm @ the WBC.
Tuesday 6/6 – WBC summer meeting 6pm.
e-mails: If you did not get this letter via e-mail this morning e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org so I can add you to the e-mail list.
If you have any questions please contact me,
facebook: Crestwood Rowing
DIRECTIONS TO REGATTA IN LONDON, ONTARIO:
Fanshawe Lake is located north east of London Ontario.
The map below provides directions on how to reach the lake.
- Take highway 401, the major east-west highway in southern Ontario.
- Take the Airport Road exit (194) north to Huron
- Turn Left on to Huron. Take Huron to Clarke RD
- Turn right onto Clarke RD (Go west to Clarke Road) to Fanshawe Park
- Go north to Fanshawe Park Conservation area (entrance on the right side of the road).
34th Annual Doug and Sam Wells Western Ontario Secondary School Rowing Championship
|Event 2: Mens Sr 2x|
|Bahaa Mohamed, Mahmmoud Eljammali|
|Unis Maktari, Daniel Janssen|
|Event 5: Womens Jr 4+|
|Duha Shammout, Sarah Badawi, Aironia Stamps, Angel Valencia, Sarah Gargouri|
|Event 6: Womens Jr 2x|
|Jenean Haddad, Hadil Eljammali|
|Event 10: Mens Sr 72kg 2x|
|Entry A: Reese Tran, Nathan Friedrich|
|Event 12: Mens Sr 1x|
|Event 15: Womens Sr 63kg 2x|
|Entry A: Alia Elhajj, Victoria Gimik|
|Entry B: Duha Shammout, Sarah Badawi|
|Event 17: Womens Sr 1x|
|Event 18: Mens Sr 4x|
|Reese Tran, Unis Maktari, Viktor Gjorgjevski, Nathan Friedrich|
|Event 21: Mens Jr 2x|
|Bahaa Mohamed, Mahmmoud Eljammali|
|Event 22: Womens Jr 4x|
|Jenean Haddad, Aironia Stamps, Alia Elhajj, Hadil Eljammali|
|Event 24: Womens Sr 2x|
|Victoria Gimik, Rema Baydoun|
|May 22, 2017|